Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I want a high five...



So hard sometimes...

Hello, world!

Do you ever have those days (or weeks) where waking up, getting out of bed and being an adult is just hard? Yeah? Me too. I often wish there was a magic reset or do-over button. But then again, everything happens for a reason, right?


I've had a lot of discussions with a variety of people as of late about how hard life can be--how unfair it really is sometimes. Sometimes I think that Peter Pan had the right idea about life. Being a grown up is tough some days.

Life can't be all about sunshine and roses every day, right? How else do we learn and grow? I say this over and over and sometimes I feel like a broken record but it deserves to be said again. I am not the same person I was a year ago. I have surprised myself this week... Like majorly surprised myself, "wish I hadn't already bought myself a birthday present cause I deserve a gift" surprised myself. Old me would be a basket case right now. Better, stronger, wiser me is strangely confident. Congratulations, self...it's about time.

I'm a worrier by nature I swear and I'm REALLY good at it. I have been known to literally worry myself sick time and time again. I usually lose a lot of sleep from it. I thought that is where I would be this week but I'm not. I'm not sure what to make of it either except that maybe I'm finally starting to get that there are things I have absolutely zero control over.


Maybe I'm also finally trusting that God really does have a plan for everything. Maybe I'm getting that His time is perfect and mine is nowhere near it.

There is a reason for EVERY single twist, turn and pause that my life takes. More than that, there is beauty and room for growth in all of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment