Friday, November 7, 2014

Here's the thing...


Good evening, world!

I said in a post yesterday that the whole point of blogging and telling my story is is so that it might help someone else. I thought about it earlier this evening and that isn't the whole point for me; it's strangely therapeutic and soul cleansing for me write and share.

I began writing when I was fourteen, horribly depressed and having recurring nightmares daily. It was an outlet for me that my counselor thought would help me. It did. In high school, I had a teacher who made us turn in journals weekly. I was lucky enough to have her for a series of other writing classes, too. I didn't realize until this week just how much writing means to me.

There are parts of my past that I wish I could change yet I know that if any of it had happened differently I wouldn't be here right now. I had multiple people ask me this week why I decided to delete my old blog. There were honestly several reasons but it hit me tonight what the biggest reason is. There are parts of my past, parts of my story that I have the chance to tell differently than I did before which allows me to share it with more people.

What parts of your story would you choose to edit so to speak and tell differently than before?



No comments:

Post a Comment