Wednesday, January 7, 2015

This year...

Happy New Year, world!

Life. It's funny. It's ironic. It's confusing. It's complicated. Sometimes, it's really quite simple though.

You all know I like to make things appear neat and pretty even when they are certainly less than that. That was pretty much the case from mid November until New Years. I fought with myself...a lot and for what? Honestly, I'm not sure. I woke up one day and things just made sense. People come and go in our lives and we can choose to be thankful for what they brought, whether it was good or bad and move on, or we can act like it didn't matter...sometimes we can even be mad. I choose to be thankful and to move on.


I don't know if I ever thought I would ever be at a place where I was so happy to just be me...but I am. I had a discussion last night with someone about how changing the way we choose to look at any number of things can completely change your life. I have seen this to be so true the past several months over and over. I see myself in a completely different light and had anything in this past year happened differently than it had, I probably wouldn't be at this point with myself...I wouldn't be happy or feel such peace.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment