Thursday, January 15, 2015

So far...

Left-December 2008...Right-December 2014

There are times I walk past a mirror or see a picture of myself and I almost don't recognize myself. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the weight loss. My mother told me in the fall how good it was to see me so happy. I thought at the time it had to do with the guy I was dating who I had taken home with me. Last weekend, someone told me that when they look at me they see someone who finally sees what other have always seen. I corrected them and said "No, that's called happy. You see happy and you see peace." I've never had this as an adult. Happy on my own. Happy to have virtually no pain for the first time in 16 years. Happy to be exactly where I am at this very moment.

I went to a new chiropractor last night after work (yay!) and we talked at length about total wellness vs. purely physical health. I told him that has been my focus for several months now. He asked me what sort of a difference that has made and I told him it's made all of the difference in the world.

A friend sent this to me a couple of weeks ago and I have it saved in my phone. Once in a while when scrolling through pictures I see it and think "so far."


No comments:

Post a Comment