Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Some days...

What?! Some days I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, or notice that a sweater seems even bigger than it was a few weeks ago and I stop and stare. Today was one of those days. I ditched the sweater and couldn't believe what I saw in the mirror. It's so amazing to me the way the weight and inches have just been coming off since early Fall. More than that, I'm amazed by the internal transformation.



Your size doesn't make you happy. There will always be something about your body that you don't like no matter how much you weigh or what the tag on your clothing says. I've had months of soul searching now and I know that the people who know me best are also blown away. For the first time in my life my happiness is truly about myself. I accepted my size a long time ago after years and years of trying to lose weight but never being able to. I accepted that I would "live" my life in pain and discomfort as I had for more than a decade. I accepted that because it was all I had known for most of my life. One day in the Fall, I realized that just because you accept something doesn't mean you give up on the idea of what could be. Combining the juicing, eating mostly Primal/Paleo, chiropractic care plus truly understanding that I am SO much more than I have ever given myself credit for or ever allowed myself to be has made such a huge difference.

I am the happiest that I have ever been. I feel the best that I have ever felt. You know what's even more awesome than that? Knowing that I'm nowhere near finished with this whole process.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment